Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Please help with estate sale finds. Thanks!

I went an estate sale that had some really interesting antique and vintage jewelry. I really don't know that much about vintage jewelry, but I do know what I like when the price is right, so I indulged in a few pieces. Any help you experts can give me regarding my purchases will be most appreciated! The first is this wonderful crystal bracelet. This picture does not capture its sparkle (I had a lot of problems trying to photograph it). It sends rainbows all over the room. The beads are heavy and cold to the touch. Under 30X magnification, I see no bubbles, and the facets are very sharp and in some places a little uneven. Could this be rock crystal? There is no mark on the clasp. Any suggestions as to date or maker? This bracelet is marked sterling both on the clasp, and on one of the links, along with what looks like the copyright "C." The blue glass links are beveled on the edges and really shine. The bracelet is quite heavy. It is in good shape, except that the clasp had come loose, so I added a jump ring, which allows the bracelet to be worn. Again, any idea as to age, origin, or maker? This ring was quite dirty, but I was attracted to the setting and it looked like rose gold, which I really like. I When I got it home and cleaned it, I discovered that the shank is yellow gold, the setting for the blue stone is rose gold, and the diamonds are in white gold. The ring is marked "10K" and "P.S. Co." The diamonds are bright and clear, but it is the center stone that was the real surprise. It is a wonderful clear blue and just sparkles; it is as fiery as a fine diamond. I looked on eBay for similar rings and found one in 10K, and the seller stated that the stone was a natural blue zircon. Any ideas as to the stone, the date of the ring, or its maker. Again, thanks in advance for any help!!!



Orignal From: Please help with estate sale finds. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment