Thursday, August 6, 2009

Totally OT...My cat is in the hospital...and she is a he...

Last nite when I fed my cats they both came running. Lucy is a short haired grey cat belonging to my daughter, she is my current icon. Kitty is my cat, she (he) is a long haired black cat. Tonite when I fed my cats Kitty didn't come running. I called her no response. I looked all over the house and called, nothing. I went outside and all around for 2 blocks nothing. So DH keeps saying, she didn't get out, she is in the house somewhere. He trudges downstairs and finds her laying in a box of his work stuff..like metal findings. I come down and touch her and she growls. I know something is wrong. So we throw her in the caddy and go to the emergency vet, since it's sunday nite at 7. I am told that Kitty is a male not a female (he must be gay). And that he has a bad urinary tract blockage, like really bad. Right now he is awake and catheterized. There is only blood coming out. The vet says it's bad since the urine is so bloody but it's good cuz it's coming out at all. I am just freaking out, I LOVE this cat! If anyone has any vet knowledge to impart please do so because the vet at the emergency clinic was very sterile and rushed. Tomorrow I have to pick him up at 7:15am and take him to our reg vet. This is costing a pretty penny and DH has already said he is going to be really mad if he dies cuz he agreed to save the cat for my happiness. Seriously, Kitty was sitting on my lap purring last nite, how could this have happened? ... My name is Lisa and I'm a joolaholic.



Orignal From: Totally OT...My cat is in the hospital...and she is a he...

No comments:

Post a Comment