Thursday, August 6, 2009

Wingback earrings ... BUT ...

I just got 4 pairs of Wingback earrings. Three have the Wingback signature and the Pat number 2414382 on them. My understanding is that Wingback earrings made with these signatures are by Judith McCann. The fourth pair however are not marked and the wire used to make the Wingbacks are not the same as the other three pairs. It is more of a square wire rather than the round. I know that Danecraft also used the Wingback design and I have researched and found a pair of Lisner Wingbacks but they only have a paper tag. And I have found reference of Trifari earrings that were listed as Wingbacks but there was no picture, I think they may have been sold already. So my questions are: Does anyone have a pair of the Danecraft Wingbacks and what shape are the wires? Does anyone have a pair of Wingbacks that are signed that uses the square wire rather than the round? And what other companies used the Wingback design for their earrings? Here are the earrings: These really look like the work of Danecraft rather than Judith McCann to me, what do you think. TIA Sandy The above post is based on my opinion. My opinion changes with each new learning experience.



Orignal From: Wingback earrings ... BUT ...

No comments:

Post a Comment