Sunday, July 26, 2009

Turquoise Experts, how does one know

which mine a turquoise stone comes from? I have a lot of good old turquoise, as well as some newer pieces. I can see huge differences in color of stones and matrixes, etc. I see listings identifying which mine or which mountain some pieces come from, as if that makes a stone more desireable. I have to guess that the minerals in certain areas make for different colors and that some are better than others. I know turquoise can be dyed, reconstituted, etc. Is there a website or other source (couldn't find at Zoe's, tho sites were down) to sort stones origins. I would only say words to the effect that a piece " has the appearance of such-and-such mine stones and I am not an expert." I want to know more about it for my own info also, as I do not plan to sell off my collection till I'm fixin' to die. Thanks, guys! M



Orignal From: Turquoise Experts, how does one know

No comments:

Post a Comment