Monday, August 31, 2009

Sterling dress clip - help point me in the right direction

I have this beautiful dress clip and have searched all kinds of places trying to date it and find the design patent. Before I pull the rest of my hair out, could someone please point me in the right direction? The utility clip patent #1801128 is dated 4/14/1931, and the back is marked STERLING. I thought I read somewhere that Sterling was popular in the late 1930's and pre-WWII. So, any idea which companies used sterling, or are their too many to search for maker's patents? Does anyone know which designers used the utility patent so that I can search their design patents? Any other way I should search? All photos are clickable to enlarge. Thank you! Nancy When life throws you worms, go fishing!


Orignal From: Sterling dress clip - help point me in the right direction

No comments:

Post a Comment