Saturday, August 29, 2009

Would appreciate help with pearl necklace and amythyst pieces

Good morning - My daughter just received these pieces from her Great Aunt June. I know absolutely nothing about jewelry and tried to research with her last night, but still could not identify value of these pieces. The images are scanned and not the best. Hopefully there's enough there. This piece is about 18" long. The clasp says '10k' which I assume is 10 karat white gold. I did the tooth test and believe these are real pearls. The scanner did not pick up the slight cream color to them. Here is the backside of the clasp. The top has a pearl glued to it. Here are three amethyst pieces. I believe the stones come from Brazil (where I understand lots of amethysts come from) and that they were set here in the US. The ring says '14k' on the inner side, which I understand means 14 karat gold. I assume the other settings are the same. From what we learned last night, I understand stones are more valuable with clarity in the stone. The ring stone has some cloudiness and what appears to be a dark purple plain - like a deposit I guess? The smaller stones don't appear to have defects, however it's hard to tell as the settings are in the way. I'm thinking with these the gold might be worth way more than the stones, but of course I have no idea. I don't expect they're worth too much, but would appreciate anyone's thoughts as to their value. Thanks so much. Patty _____________________________________________________________________


Orignal From: Would appreciate help with pearl necklace and amythyst pieces

No comments:

Post a Comment