Monday, August 31, 2009

Topaz-Look Vintage Necklace: Seeking info

I have a beautiful necklace I bought at a junk shop around age ten, because the stones looked like they're topaz, and that's my birthstone. I never wear it, and need some extra money, so I'm trying to see if anyone can tell me anything about it. I've posted pictures at the link below, and will provide here all the information I can. Link The stones look to be glass or something similar, though I really can't tell; the central component measures roughly an inch and a half wide and long, and each of the smaller components on either side measures about 5/8". The larger stones rest in prong settings, and the smaller stones appear to be glued. I can't say what the metal is, though it might be silver, and from looking at the back, the settings appear to have been hand-welded together to form the central component; it's too irregular to be machine work. The chain and catch are strong, and the whole thing is in really beautiful shape. There are no maker's marks or signatures. Any information that anyone can give me would be most appreciated; even if this only looks like something that you saw once, that would get me started. To my untrained eye, this doesn't even resemble the

Orignal From: Topaz-Look Vintage Necklace: Seeking info

No comments:

Post a Comment