Thursday, July 16, 2009

How to respond to buyer, lost Int'l package

I sent an item to Spain on 5/21 by FCI, insured by Shipsurance. Buyer filed INR with Paypal on 6/21 without contacting me first. I replied that it was mailed the day after payment was made and that it could take 6-8 weeks for int'l packages to arrive. I also wrote to the seller that he should try the customs number at his PO, as I had been advised by other sellers it often worked to find packages. He said he would wait a while longer for it to arrive. Today, 7/8 he escalated to a claim only saying it appears to be lost but the customs number didn't show where it is currently which, of course, it won't, he only paid $5 for shipping so there is no tracking. He hasn't left any negs before so I'm hoping to avoid one now. I figured I should respond that the next step would be filing with Shipsurance but I'm awful at wording. I also want to be sure to let him know, without coming right out and saying it, that I don't want a neg. lol I've never had an int'l package go missing before. __________________ Whatcha doin'?



Orignal From: How to respond to buyer, lost Int'l package

No comments:

Post a Comment