Saturday, July 18, 2009

Totally OT:But I Need to Vent

As some of the old timers know I am a 2 time cancer survivr with MS, ankolysing spondylitis and advanced degenerative disc disease. I recently fractured my ankle and had to be recasted yesterday back to the plaster cast again. The ankle is not forming a "bone callous," and the fiberglass cast was allowing too much movement. The anger is this: I take Vicodin 3 times a day, and fought doing so because I was afraid i was getting addicted. Finallly the pain clinic had a meeting with Sherry and me with pain psych. present and said I would get physically addicted but not psychologically. So I gave in a did it and has changed our lives for the better 100 fold. Now the pain clinic is reusing to refill early!! I had to double the dosage, per orthopedists when I first fx my ankle. So I used more. I am so PO'd because neither the ortho. or pain clinic is talking to each other to iron this out and I am caught in the middle. There, I feel all better now and will likely be on the phone all day getting this straightened out. The a--holes make me feel like a dealer trying to get a fix. Tom



Orignal From: Totally OT:But I Need to Vent

No comments:

Post a Comment