Wednesday, July 15, 2009

VERY upset, necklace arrived BROKEN.

Well...it finally happened. I've been selling on Ebay since '97 and I had an item arrived broken. I'm very upset as I package very well and this was a very expensive necklace. The buyer informed me that a strand was broken and the crystals broken to bits. If you look at this necklace, you'll see it's made up of 8 crystal strands. I wrapped the strands in tissue paper then wrapped the disc and then wrapped the whole thing in tissue paper. I then put it in a sturdy cardboard jewelry box, taped the top shut nice and snug so there was no shifting inside. Then I put packing paper wadded up all around the box and put it in another Priority box for shipping, one of the larger VHS mailing ones. It was very secure with no room for shifting. The buyer said the outside box wasn't damaged but the necklace was in pieces. I paid for insurance but what are the odds the P.O. will pay the claim ? I told the buyer to initiate the claim because if she mails it back it voids the insurance. I told her to take the ENTIRE thing, along with the auction page to show purchase price to her local P.O. and to submit the claim. Was that the right thing to do ? Auction # 180371075073



Orignal From: VERY upset, necklace arrived BROKEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment