Thursday, August 6, 2009

Identifying the date of a Jasperware ring

I purchased what appears to be a jasperware ring today. The back of the ring is encased with sterling, so I cannot see a mark on the back of the stone. The stone is marquise shaped, featuring Venus and Cupid?, done in light blue and white. The inside of the band reads JW, follwed by a rampant lion, tigers? head, then the letter "t" slanted sideways to the right. I checked a British hallmark site, but I am still confused about what the date on this would be and if they are still making this type of jewelry. The rampant lion tells me it's from England, the tiger's head, uncrowned represents London, but the date mark has be puzzled. I checked the date marks, and my "t" looks closest to a 1755 mark, which cannot be. My camera takes lousy pics, and this is not a particularly large ring. I got it for $10, so I did not get hurt value wise. Thanks for any help!



Orignal From: Identifying the date of a Jasperware ring

No comments:

Post a Comment