Tuesday, September 27, 2011

COACH Ltd Ed. Denim Patchwork - Spotting Fakes

Hi...I've never written one of these...so here it goes....
I write this in hopes of helping others to avoid buying a fake as I did. This VERY popular LIMITED EDITION purse sold out before it made it to nation-wide distribution. I was very excited to try and find this purse for a gift for a friend...and since my first attempt resulted in buying a fake, I have had some really nice E-Bayers answer all my questions to avoid buying another fake, and whant to share that info with you.I see that some fakes/copies are still being listed - AND PLEASE KNOW, THIS IS NOT ANYTHING AGAINST THOSE SELLERS - THEY MAY NOT EVEN REALIZE THEIRS ARE FAKES. Since I did not have the chance to actually see one in a Coach store, I bought what I thought was the real thing...but it was a cheap fake. Now, having done some research, and calling Coach...this is what I know:

It came in two sizes: Style 10015 is the medium version hobo (which sold for $398); and style 10016 is the XL large version (sold for $598)(if you happen to have the Coach catalog - there is a typo on the page showing this purse - they have the wrong style and price for the medium size)
It will have an outside zip pocket on the back, with zebra print lining
It will have zebra print lining with an inside zip pocket
The Coach serial number tag on the inside of the purse will be a dark brown leather, which is the same color as the handle
The handle detaches on one side only (dog clip)
It will have a zip top, with a tassled pull closure
It will have a navy velvet stripe down the center of the front side
The jean belt loops are real loops...no fully stitched down
The denim is actually real distressed (washed) denim...it should not look like a new pair of jeans
I love E-Bay and this was my first time receiving anything other than what I bid on (i.e. a fake).
I share this info for people like me who did not realize what the purse should look like inside and out. Again, I must stress that anyone selling this purse without the above details MAY NOT realize they have a fake/copy.......

Please share this info with whoever you think would benefit...and I welgee any additions/gements that would help any other potential Buyer/Seller.
Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment