Tuesday, September 27, 2011

COMBINED SHIPPING - Means More Than You Know!

geBINED SHIPPING
What does that actually mean?
While selling more these days than actually buying, an inquisitive okayer asked, "If I win more than one of your auctions, will you gebine shipping?" I said, "of course." I explained my version of gebined shipping and she sent a very puzzling message in return. But I am jumping ahead of myself.
What does gebined shipping mean? Well, what if I told you that when I bought multiple items from one seller, their idea of gebined shipping was to just geBINE the shipping and handling fees on the multiple items and CHARGE me for that amount. It came as a BIG shock when I received the items that I paid $10 on shipping and handling and it only cost $4.55 to actually ship in a FREE priority mail box from the post office and my items stuffed inside with not nearly the care and effort to even fold the items. I DON'T BELIEVE THAT IS WHAT geBINED SHIPPING SHOULD BE!
What does gebined shipping mean TO ME? If I have items listed, I use a very fair amount for my shipping and handling fees - to include shipping itself, by weight of the item and cost to mail, and packing materials necessary (boxes, wrapping material, packaging material, etc.). It gees very easily to be able to half off the second item and subsequential items after the initial win (whatever is higher, gets full shipping and handling charged, anything in addition, shipping and handling is halved - AUTOMATICALLY). So when an okayer wins more than one of my auctions, I automatically give them a shipping discount - gebining the shipping because I know that if I put the items together, their total weight and cost won't be near as expensive as what they've paid. And most times, it boosts them up to be able to receive it priority mail not parcel post. I always invoice the multiple items won, and show a deduction on the seller discount line. I then explain what I've done and hopefully, they'd appreciate it.
That is what I believe 'gebined shipping' SHOULD mean. Now back to my puzzled okayer who questioned what Iwill do if she won multiple items- she is now bidding on FOUR of my items! I guess when you look at the total cost of what will be won and total cost of the way I geBINE SHIPPING - it could mean SELLING MORE to okayers who might just might appreciate the effort in keeping things on the up and up!

No comments:

Post a Comment