Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Quick, Inexpensive Decorating Idea

Quick, Inexpensive Decorating Idea
This is just a fun little decorating idea that I want to share.
I collect boxes. Big boxes, little boxes, wooden boxes, paper boxes, decorative boxes. As long as they appeal to me, I collect them. I have them everywhere. One of the places that I have them is on my dresser.
The boxes on my dresserare nice. At least I like them. But, I felt that something was missing. They lacked... something. Perhaps there was too much... BROWN. I think that was it. Too dark... too lacklustre.
Then, one day, I was going through some old things, spring cleaning, so to speak. I ran across some wonderul, old Christmas glass ball ornaments. I loved them. I thought they were so pretty. I hated to throw them away, but I had moved on to a different color scheme. Then it dawned on me!
These were the colors in bedroom. Sure my colors were softer, but, these might just be that extra something that my box collection needed. So, I opened one of the boxes, placed the balls inside, hanger side down, and VIOLA!
For no money, I added a nice little touch to my room. And, it was so nice that the Christmas ornaments happen to match one of my favorite pefume bottles.
The large photo, because of the flash, doesn't show the true beauty of the balls, so I added a couple of pictures taken without the flash.






I reserve the right to be human and err. Nothing here was written to intentionally misinform or otherwise mislead. 2006 Trina Hoaks

No comments:

Post a Comment