Saturday, July 18, 2009

What to do about terrible stench in a horrible lot?

I just received a jewelry box lot today which is definitely not even close to being as described and worse yet, it literally stinks! Strongly; of what I like to refer to as 'Dead Old Lady' perfume. As soon as I opened the box it was instant headache from the smell! Then things went from bad to worse when I saw that seller had taped the vintage jewelry box closed with pkg tape so when tape came off so did outside covering of jewelry box. Now ruined. Next came the jewelry- it should have been sold as a junk lot because that is what it is, there are only a couple wearable pieces and they reek. I emailed seller and rather than reply she just credited me a small part of purchase. I contacted her again and said I would rather return the lot. That sent her into a tirade. So I was thinking to just cut my losses and salvage what I can but I need to get rid of this smell. Any ideas on how to do that? There are 2 plastic bead Japan necklaces that are in good shape but the perfume seems to have permently permeated them.



Orignal From: What to do about terrible stench in a horrible lot?

No comments:

Post a Comment