Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Bizarre Bazaar (or the Cold Springs, NJ Antique Show)

Today I attended the Cold Springs Antiques Show. Although many people complained there weren't a lot of vendors there, the ones who were there were mostly jewelry dealers. I purchased a few items, but I was struck by the amount of dealers who didn't know about their wares. I bought a pair of earrings from one dealer who couldn't remember if they were gold or not and if they were, what karat they would be (they were missing the earring backs where most modern earrings are marked, so I took a chance they were gold, will check them out.) She also couldn't tell me about the mark on another black MOP cameo brooch or whether or not it was sterling. Then there was a dealer who had a lovely Theda sterling

Orignal From: Bizarre Bazaar (or the Cold Springs, NJ Antique Show)

No comments:

Post a Comment