Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Help Needed w/ Carved Kissing Bunnies Clamper Bracelet

Can anyone help me with some sort of id for this bracelet? I believe it is bakelite but I have not tested it as of yet. It sounds like bakelite though. It's 2 rabbits kissing. The hinge is bright untarnished gold color but it is marked Silver on the inside. Could this be silver covered in real gold? Or, was there ever a jewelry company named Silver? Any guess at a maker? I'm not sure if you can see in my pictures but, if you look closely, you can see a swirl or pattern in the white. I do apologize since I didn't think of getting a picture of the side since I didn't notice the full extent of the pattern until after taking the pictures. But, when looking through a loupe at it, the pattern appears to be a snake skin pattern and not just a swirl or random swirl pattern. Do many bakelite pieces have a snake skin type pattern in them? Could it possibly be French, or do you think it was made here, or elsewhere? Any guess at age? It seems to be made with very good quality. Is it, or is it just me? It has a wonderful smooth feel to it. Thanks in advance for any help, comments, or suggestions you can give me with it.



Orignal From: Help Needed w/ Carved Kissing Bunnies Clamper Bracelet

No comments:

Post a Comment