Thursday, September 17, 2009

OT viruses and now hackers on eBay, scarey

This was just blocked by Norton 360 when I was trying to access live chat here on eBay. I had just been asked for my auction number and didn't think when this came up, just thought they were trying to make sure I was who I said I was. Norton blocked and said was an illegal site trying to access my account. Anyone know anything more about this? Dede I did the full scan with Norton and then with Prevx (says all clear) and changed password, thanks. I sent copy to eBay also. Dear eBay member, eBay recently announced a new safety initiative called Trusted Selling with Identity Confirmation that will help to protect members from unauthorized listings in that seller's name. All these measures are made concerning your security. Please take a minute to update your contact information: Make the Identity Confirmation now To protect the Community against this type of fraud, beginning today, eBay will start noting which computers members typically use to conduct their buying and selling activity. Now more than ever, having a current Secret Password on file with eBay is vital to the safety of the Community and to your business. A wrong or outdated Secret Password may delay your ability to list items or respond to your customers, if eBay cannot verify your identity. Sincerely, John Canfield Senior Director, eBay Trust

Orignal From: OT viruses and now hackers on eBay, scarey

No comments:

Post a Comment