Thursday, September 17, 2009

Please help with material of black Cameo? Victorian?

For some reason, I cannot figure out the material of this cameo. It is very light wieght, definitely not glass, and looks molded. I know it is not Bakelite (no smell, tests negative). I don't think it is Jet (looks molded and leaves a mark on porcelain that is black), or Bog Oak (it is very black, without any brown). So, could this be Vulcanite? If a possibility how do I tell? Or am I way off base and it is a newer plastic? I believe the clasp is older, but I could be wrong there as well. The clasp does not fit flush with the piece, and where it was pushed in there are some chards of the material, still connected. Please help to point me in a direction. Thank you! I have to go to work now, but will check back this afternoon. Thanks again! Nancy When life throws you worms, go fishing!


Orignal From: Please help with material of black Cameo? Victorian?

No comments:

Post a Comment